Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Completed Project - Embroidered Shawl

Remember my Yellow Shawl from ages ago?  I finally finished embroidering it, and although I have already worn it out and about shared pictures of it here and on facebook, I never shared the in-progress pictures I took. 

I started on the embroidery well over a year ago, in June 2014.  I had gotten an awesome light box as a birthday gift from my parents that March, and it came in very handy for tracing my embroidery pattern: 


I used one of the embroidery templates from the La Mode Bagatelle pattern:


Tracing:  
 Fully traced: 


First motif embroidered:

This is a cell phone pic from my OLD (dumb) phone, so I apologize for the quality.
I worked on it at one RSV event, last September's duel and picnic




Then I forgot about it for several months, and finally pulled it out and finished it just in time for the port call of L'Hermione at Yorktown (which I still need to blog about) this past June: 




 


And I wore it again with my new Yellow Sprigged Dress at the RSV Ladies' Retreat:



And again for the dedication of the War of 1812 marker at the Cape Henry Lighthouse in August:   



And once again for the second annual Trafalgar Ball last weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment