|It's so pretty!|
Seven facts about myself:
- My hair is not naturally red. Shocking, I know!
- I love dolls. For a while they were my biggest hobby, and I even started a minuscule business making shoes for them. I should probably shut down that website, though, as I no longer have time for it...
- I grew up in a movie theatre, and for most of my childhood we didn't own a TV.
- My hometown is less than three miles square, with a population of around 2,100. I'm told this is impressively small.
- I'm a nerd. I got into costuming because of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. It's
probablythe worst movie of the franchise, but it has some of the best costumes! I'm also into Star Trek: The Next Generation, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who.
- I was in a swing dancing club called Rugcutters in college. I made some of my best friends that way. :)
- I have been to 41 of the 50 US States (including Alaska and Hawaii), but have yet to travel outside the country - besides Canada.
Now the really exciting part - passing on the award! I would have nominated Thread-Headed Snippet, but she's the one who nominated me. :p Thanks again, dear Choll!
15 Inspiring Bloggers:
- The Laced Angel - Amazing corsetry and fantastic costume creations
- The Fashionable Past - Beautifully sewn costumes with easy-to-follow tutorials
- The Dreamstress - The mastermind behind the Historical Sew Fortnightly! And her gowns are always lovely.
- The Broke Costumer - A woman after my own heart - making historical costumes as inexpensively as possible!
- Rococo Atelier - Incredibly detailed costumes with an emphasis on the 18th Century
- Rebel's Haven - A fellow nerd with excellent taste and mad skillz
- Mistress of Disguise - An impressively eclectic costumer
- Maggie's Costume Wardrobe - It's all Maggie's fault that (sort of) that I'm into costuming in the first place. :p She makes beautiful dresses and maintains several movie costume research sites, as well!
- Diary of a Mantua Maker - She makes her own shoes. 'Nuff said.
- Chronically Vintage - An impeccably dressed vintage soul in a modern world
- Classic Costume - An excellent resource of information on nearly every aspect of costuming, with beautiful gowns besides
- Before The Automobile - A beautifully photographed blog full of exquisitely detailed costumes and helpful construction techniques
- Arachne Attire - 18th Century and Victorian fashion with a touch of whimsy
- An American Seamstress - A lovely costuming blog which also has excellent reference links and a library of costuming/pattern books
- A Dedicated Follower of Fashion - Absolutely beautiful costumes with incredible attention to detail