Friday, June 7, 2019

Past Event - Regency Deportment Class

On July 5, 2014 the Regency Society of Virginia put on a class called "Of A Most Delicate Nature: Deportment and the Art of Becoming a Regency Lady or Gentleman" taught by Kimberly Costa.  I didn't get any photos of the indoor portion of the class, but after some instruction in how to greet one another according to our respective social stations, we took to the courtyard to practice.

Kimberly (in the gold turban) gave instruction
We had a very good turnout for the class:



We were all given name tags with a character name and rank for the purposes of learning how to greet one's superiors when out in public, and to decide whether or not to deign to acknowledge one's inferiors.


This may have been the first time I wore my Dames a la Mode earrings!
And it was a lovely day for a stroll!



I wore my white Apron-Front Gown, accessorizing with my Cream Striped Bonnet, dotted chemisette, green paisley shawl, green vintage gloves, and my AD Pemberlies.


We were told to "walk with a purpose" as part of our genteel training.








Brian the Engineer elected to leave his tailcoat at home for this class, but brought along his top hat for practice.  I forget who lent him a walking stick, but he really enjoyed it:



Such a fine-looking group!


More photos can be found on the RSV Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment