Monday, July 16, 2012

Past Projects - Audrey Hepburn

I received a lovely compliment today.  The mother of one of the brides I worked with told me my dress made me look like Audrey Hepburn!  ♥  This reminded me that I haven't posted pics of my Halloween costume from 2009 yet.  I went as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I wear my sunglasses at night.



I basically threw this costume together, starting with the hat.  It was a birthday present from my sister, and I wanted an excuse to wear it.  I already had the dress, which originally had short sleeves.  I removed them, bought over-sized black sunglasses and faux pearl jewelry at Walmart, borrowed a pair of gloves, and my costume was almost complete.  The only thing missing was the extra-long cigarette holder, which I eventually found from an etsy seller.  I just didn't feel like Holly without it.



I also managed to find fake cigarettes at a Halloween store, so that was fun.  I wore the costume to two different parties, and it was a hit at both!  :)



This was one of my favorite Halloween costumes of all time.  Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment