Wednesday, January 10, 2018

2017 Trafalgar Ball

This past October saw the return of the Trafalgar Victory Ball!  We were unable to have one in 2016 due to scheduling conflicts, so it was nice to get back to dancing.  The ball was once again held at the Country Club of Petersburg, which is a lovely venue.


I wore my favorite "This Old Thing" - my Green Sari Open Robe - over my Sheer Striped Gown.

My necklace and earrings are the jade jewelry set Brian got me in Japan, and my pearl bracelet is Dames a la Mode
Brian the Engineer wore his Black Wool Tailcoat, Purple Velvet Waistcoat, breeches (which used to be trousers), shirt, and linen cravat.



Two of our lovely hostesses, Megan and Heather
There was much dancing, of course!  


I am proud to say I made both of these tailcoats!  
We were delighted to have Mr. Charles Steplively return as our dance master!











More photos of the evening can be seen on my Instagram, under the hashtag #rsvvictoryball2017 - and a couple of videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment