Friday, November 29, 2013

Green Swallowtail Jacket

I made a quick 18th Century jacket last weekend for a winter-themed photo shoot at Colonial Williamsburg.  I was already planning on making it to complete the outfit I wanted to wear for my Christmas card pictures this year, but American Duchess's photo contest moved my deadline up considerably.  I'll post the pics from the shoot after the contest is over, but for now here are pics of the jacket.



I borrowed the pattern (with permission, of course) from work, and put it together with no alterations.  I'm wearing it without stays, as I still haven't finished the ones I started a year ago.  I did finally finish my shift, though!  I've worn the red petticoat previously for photo shoots featuring my Lowe's curtain cloak, along with the mob cap.  My new muff cover did get a first wearing, though!  So look for those pictures after December 6, when voting is over.

P.S.  Vote for my photo!  It's called "In a holly daze."

2 comments:

  1. Stop it, you are too damned cute! The swallow-tail jacket has been on the short-list since 2009... sigh. You look grand, and I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was a good way to test the pattern. I forgot to mention I made it out of an old bedsheet. :p My eventual plan is to make a block-printed swallowtail jacket like this one: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RDg30-qP_hY/UIiOHggc7pI/AAAAAAAAA9A/X0qccmh9IRU/s1600/purple+&+white.jpg

      Delete