Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Regency Capsule Wardrobe - Look Number Four

Whoo boy, it's been a while! I never finished my blog series about the England trip I went on in *checks notes* June of 2019... So let's do a quick recap before we dive back in, shall we? 

First there was all the wardrobe planning and sewing. I ended up with a rather versatile capsule wardrobe that I'm still pretty proud of! 



I brought along two dresses, two petticoats, two sleeveless spencers, one long-sleeved spencer jacket, three bonnets, three shawls, and three pairs of shoes. Also two shifts, two pairs of stays, and four pairs of stockings. From this assortment of pieces (and with washing my shifts so I always had a fresh one), I was able to get five full days of dressing up in Regency without ever repeating an outfit! I have already blogged about days Zero through Four here:  

And outfits One through Three here:  


All caught up? Ok, let's go! 

For Day Four of the RSV England Trip, I went for a very pink ensemble with splashes of green. I wore my Sheer Striped Gown over my Pink Bodiced Petticoat and my Ruff and Chemisette, topping it all off with the same Pink Silk Spencer as the day before. 




I accessorized with the same straw bonnet as Day One - with a green ribbon tacked on in place of the yellow one - a sheer green paisley shawl, pink stockings and pink shoes.















I really liked the contrast of the green accessories with the pink ensemble. I'll have to play with that combo more in the future. I also love how the pink bodiced petticoat shines through the sheer dress when the sunlight hits in, like in the above photos. I probably won't ever wear those shoes again, at least not for all-day use! They pinch my toes pretty badly. But darn it, they're cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment