|Isn't she cute?|
I used scraps of wool left over from my (unfinished) yellow gown I started in the Burnley & Trowbridge workshop last fall. First I made sure I had enough to make a matching petticoat for my gown, then gathered the leftover pieces.
I used the pattern as a guide for the basic shapes, but cut them much wider than the pattern called for:
I have no in-progress shots, because of course I was sewing on a deadline. So here are photos of the finished gown:
The bodice and skirt are all one piece, with just the drawstring to create a waist:
I turned down the top edge to make the neckline casing, and used bias tape to make the drawstring casing for the waistline.
The sleeves also got drawstrings in the hems:
AndI decided I wanted double-puffed sleeves, so I added a second drawstring to the middle of the sleeves:
I was gifted both the adorable cap she wore, and two children's shifts (which were too long, so I added growth tucks to the skirt of the one she wore), and I bought a pair of children's cotton stockings from Colonial Williamsburg which I altered to fit her:
She was the cutest little buttercup!