Thursday, January 19, 2017

Winter Blues

It's always exciting when it snows in this area of Virginia!  We got 6.5 inches - as measured on our back porch - the first weekend in January, and I took advantage of the opportunity for a wintry photo shoot in the backyard. I would have liked to have gone up to Williamsburg or even Newport News Park, but the roads were too treacherous. Luckily our backyard is quite pretty in the snow, and Brian the Engineer is really good at taking photos of me in any environment.

I wore my new Sheer Striped Gown and white bodiced petticoat with my Blue Wool Spencer from last winter, but this photo shoot was really all about the hat!


It's my first Shocking Bad Hat by the incredibly talented Rebecca, and I've been aching to show it off ever since I first got it back in September! I had given Rebecca free rein of the design, as she has impeccable style. I told her only that I wanted a hat to coordinate with my Blue Wool Spencer. I would say she succeeded!

My Hartfield boots made deep footprints in the snow.
The backyard critters' footprints were much shallower.
I believe this tunnel was made by a rabbit:




Baby bump!



Still in love with my TARDIS-blue leather gloves!






Seriously, though. THIS HAT.



I love how this dress looks from the back!










6 comments:

  1. Fabulous photos, and the hat is just amazing - it goes perfectly with your spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backyard seems like a great place to take photos no matter the season. Pretty!

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting. Yes, that gown does look lovely from the back, and I love the detailed back (as well as front) of the spencer. The hat is over the top, of course, but that's what it's all about, right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Good thing Regency dresses make excellent maternity wear! :p

      Delete