Thursday, June 22, 2017

Postpartum Polka-Dots

Remember my 1944 Polka-Dot Maternity dress?  I wore it again on Sunday when I took baby Reptar to church for the first time.  She is wearing the dress that I wore home from the hospital in 1985, so we're both in vintage!


I like how the dress fits much better now that I'm no longer pregnant.  For comparison, here is a shot from the last time I wore it:


It's cute and all, but I'm enjoying having a waist again.  :p  I'm also really enjoying being able to hold my baby in my arms!








Now I need to make her some cute historical clothes!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love the fact that she's wearing your dress (although I can't wait to see her in clothes you've made for her!).

    Your own dress looks lovely. It really shows the change in times: back in 1944 having a dress solely for pregnancy would have been unthinkable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm loving how versatile those 1940s maternity dresses really are! I think I'll make more, since they're so adjustable I can wear them before, during, and after pregnancy. :)

      Delete